WebRTC can only be disabled by the user himself and if it’s not done anyone can see your IP address even if you have VPN or proxies. Follow our step-by-step method to disable WebRTC on your device.
How to disable WebRTC in Chrome:
- Unfortunately, there is still no way to disable WebRTC in chrome you can still try using services like VPN unlimited as they have a special extension to disable WebRTC on chrome. You can avoid chrome if you don’t want to risk the leak of IP due to WebRTC.
How to disable WebRTC in Firefox:
- Type about:config on the search bar and press enter
- Now, in the search type “media.peerconnection.enabled” and double click on the found setting, so it will turn to “false”.
How to disable WebRTC in Opera:
- Go to “Settings” -> “More settings”
- In the “WebRTC” section choose “Deactivate UDP without proxy”
How to disable WebRTC in Edge:
- Type “about:flags” in the search bar and press enter
- You can now hide your local IP address over WebRTC connections by clicking the Hide my local IP address over WebRTC connections check box.
- Now it will tell you to restart the browser
For checking if your WebRTC is still leaking your IP address and other details use WhatLeaks